Here are the answers to four excellent buyer questions we were asked.
Last week we held our homebuyer seminar, and today I’m addressing four of the great questions we were asked:
1. Do I pay the buyer’s agent for representing me? No, the seller pays the commission for both the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
2. Do I have to pay a lender when asking about a pre-approval? No, it’s free to speak to a lender about getting pre-approved. It’s a wonderful idea to ask a lender about pre-approval, even if you aren’t quite ready to buy yet. They can provide useful information about how to organize your finances to get pre-approved for the most money possible when the time comes.
3. How much money do I need to purchase a home? You’ll need your down payment and 1% to 1.5% of the purchase price for closing costs. Closing costs consist of the escrow title fee, any lender fees, any impounds for your mortgage payment, homeowners insurance, and if you’re in an HOA, it will include that first payment.
Ask a lender about pre-approval, even if you aren’t quite ready to buy yet.
4. Should I contact an agent even if I’m not ready to buy yet? Yes, we help many clients prepare to purchase a home for over a year before they’re ready to truly buy. You can always reach out to us for free, with no commitment, to help you through the process. The process can be complicated, but we’re here to serve you.
Please feel free to reach out to us via phone or email with any questions you have. We would love to be your real estate resource.
Here are the three main reasons it’s a great idea to buy a home warranty.
Looking to buy a home? Click here to search for a home.
Looking to sell a home? Click here for a FREE home valuation.
Here are the three main reasons you should purchase a home warranty plan:
1. It’s not very expensive. Home warranties usually only cost a few hundred dollars, and the seller often pays for it for you in escrow. Should you need a professional to come look at something, it costs $75.
2. It covers big-ticket items. These include the plumbing, roof, heating and air conditioning units, pool equipment, appliances, etc.
3. It covers your first 12 months in the home. After that time you can either renew it or cancel the coverage.
If you have further questions about the benefits of a home warranty or concerning any other real estate matter, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or send an email. We would love to help you.
Let BLG be your trusted agent and advisor for buying, selling or investing in Conejo Valley real estate.